Yes! You have control over your child's social experience in Lightglider Academy!
Lightgliders has one of the safest chat features in the gaming industry! However, we know that while some of you feel your kids are ready for safe chat experiences, others are not yet. That is why we want you to be able to make that choice. You can turn the safe chat feature on or off for each of the child profiles on your account. This allows YOU to customize each child's community experience how YOU see fit!
This capability was added to Lightgliders in 2022, thanks to your amazing feedback!
Watch the video below for more information and instructions on how to manage your child's access to the safe chat feature:
How to turn chat on or off for your child profiles:
- Login with your email address and password
- From the "Select Child Profile" page, click "Manage Profiles" at the bottom. A pencil icon will appear over each child profile.
- Click on the pencil icon for the child profile you wish to manage.
From there, you will see three options.
• Can Login - this allows you to control whether or not your child can login to Lightgliders at all
• Can Send Chat - this allows your child to use our safe chat feature to send chat to other players in the game (uncheck to turn off safe chat experience)
• Can See Chat - this allows your child to see the chat that other players are sharing in the game (uncheck to turn off safe chat experience)
As a reminder, the multiplayer component of Lightgliders, called Lightglider Academy, is the only place in Lightgliders where kids can interact with one another and utilize the safe chat feature. Click here to learn more about Lightgliders' Safe Chat Feature.
If you have additional questions or would like to talk with a member of our team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to help!